Friday, April 18, 2008

When did this happen?

Whoever said losing weight ain’t easy because, hey, you didn’t put on the pounds overnight, ha, ha, right? Because I’d have to correct that person, it ain’t easy because it ain’t nearly as delicious and lazy losing the weight than it is putting it on. And then I’d punch the smug bastard in the face.

I’m participating in a fundraising Walk at work and there are pictures from last year’s walk posted around the office. When I see pictures of my big face in these pictures, it’s like staring at a pumpkin with eyes. You know when a baby makes a person out of those big, chunky Lego Big Blocs? That’s my body, except not as toned.

I considered putting on a suit today, as I was actually going out and interfacing with other people for my company. And since I hadn’t worn it in over a year, it was still shrouded in a dry cleaner bag. When I lifted the plastic up, I absolutely panicked when I saw a tag plainly stating “8”. As in size 8. As opposed to the tag on the pants I currently wear that plainly state “14”. I couldn’t even get the pants around my a$$. It was like trying to put a watermelon in a ziploc baggie. Holy crap, when did this happen?

25 pounds is what happened. God, when did I become a cliché? I used to resemble a lean, mean, kick-butt machine. Now I’m a scrapbooking mother who natters on about once being a lean, mean, kick-but machine.

I’ll weigh myself in the morning. Last week I was 160.5. I’ve been exercising and trying to consume less chocolate, butter, and peanuts. My target is 140, though frankly, I’ll take 145. Man, this better pay off or I’m going to drown my sorrows in a bucket of Fluf and peanut butter.

2 comments:

scrappygal said...

Frances....Thank you thank you thank you ! How very sweet of you to donate to my cause ! I was trying to figure out who you were. I am so glad that yu comented on my blog so that I could give you the proper thanks you ! About the chocolate, peanut butter and fluff...I feel your pain ! Good luck, I am sure that you will do well.

Pound said...

didn't we just have this convo about bitching about our fat 16 yr old selves? blech. you're right, eating and being lazy is sooo much more fun and easy than losing weight. and seems to happen twice as fast.