Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th!

We got an early start on the Independence Day festivities by visiting our friends who just moved to the good ol' South East yesterday.  Not only was there good food to be had, but also a home fireworks show:


I've never been one to light a ton of fireworks when I was younger and when they brought this guy out, I nearly ran for cover.  I wish I had put something next to it for scale because this thing looked like it was bought straight from Wile E. Coyote himself.  It was about two feet tall and at least a foot in diameter.  All it needed was the skull & crossbones with a bunch of Xs on it:


But I do confess that it made for impressive fireworks:



Afterward, the kids handled the non-explosive Sparklers:


Happy 4th everyone!

1 comment:

Pound said...

holy shinto. you guys did your own? WERE THEY LIKE REAL ONES? we went to irvine hs to see theirs and it caught on fire 5 min into it. lame.

we shoulda gotten ourselves some diy acme fireworks shooters.