Thursday, June 7, 2012

Aww, snap!

On my last day in the Northeast, I arrived in Brooklyn from my Mom's pretty early so I was able to relieve Augie's babysitter and take him to meet Annabelle at his doctor's appointment.  She was coming from work and was running about 20 minutes behind so she told me to sign him in.  When a nurse brought us into the exam room, I told her that his mom was slightly delayed and that she would join us shortly.


The nurse said that's fine -- are you his grandmother?


Ouch.  Frankly she was very sweet and earnest that all I could reflexively muster was to try to laugh as youthfully as I could and respond with a hahahaha--uh, no, hahaha, I'm his auntie.  She shrugged okay.

Yeesh.  I couldn't decide whether she thought I looked like I was in my 50s/60s or if she thought I had my daughter at age 22, who then had Augie at 22.  Not sure which scenario is better.


Anyhoo, a dinner out lifted my spirits as well as post-dinner walk before my flight.


Which I guess was just another Brooklyn vignette of a toddler...


and his granny.

Peace out, New York. 

2 comments:

Blah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pound said...

omg ahahahahahahahaha! that's so awful but so funny. why would a grandma be wearing a striped tank and chinos?