Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Haircut--color hair?

As you can see, my hair was really getting long for my face, specifically the hair around my face--heading into my famous "Yoko Ono, circa the Bed-In" stage:

Before
Unfortunately, I don't foresee going to SoCal to see Christina anytime soon so I bit the bullet and went local.  Christina was kind enough to give me notes/instruction but I was still cautious.  The after doesn't seem like a big change but it did feel lighter:

After

She did make the gentle suggestion about doing a semi-permanent color to cover the grays. She was really tactful--I vaguely remember her saying something like, it's a shame to have these grays when you look so young. Hee! 

But for what it's worth, it's a comment every stylist has said to me in the last 10 years.  I used to be very "no way, keeping it au natural" as a stand against beauty and youth expectations for women.    But frankly it doesn't seem such a big deal about coloring hair when women of all ages color their hair in different colors--it's more fashion than about looking young, so that's not really my reason anymore.  I think a larger part is that I'm so lazy about maintenance and I dread having to maintain hair color.  But apparently this semi-permanent option makes the maintenance a lot less of an issue because it eventually washes out--no worry about seeing gray roots all of sudden.  Sooooo...is it time for me to start coloring my hair?

1 comment:

Blog27999 said...

If you're trying hard to lose fat then you absolutely have to start following this totally brand new custom keto meal plan.

To create this keto diet, licensed nutritionists, fitness trainers, and professional cooks joined together to develop keto meal plans that are useful, convenient, price-efficient, and delicious.

From their launch in January 2019, 1000's of people have already transformed their figure and well-being with the benefits a certified keto meal plan can provide.

Speaking of benefits; clicking this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-confirmed ones offered by the keto meal plan.