Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dream dinner

Paul and Velina are away this week for the girl's spring break and they are enjoying a lovely visit with his sister in Illinois. Due to work being so busy, I stayed behind. But as much as we miss each other, there is a perk.

I can indulge in my dream dinner without heckling or pestering:


Apparently, they are deterred by anything that looks parasite-licious:

(sashimi)

Or by something that smells like it's been fermenting for months (okay, okay, it has been):

(kimchi)

Or by something that looks like bait:

(mini crabs)

Or by something that looks like marinated genitals:

(octopus)

Sigh. Sometimes it's lonely having such a sophisticated palate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart, I love you...but I'm gonna hurl. This is definitely a dinner for one. Put that kimchee back in the ground!

Pound said...

i'm gonna have to concur w/ anonymous up there. except the sashimi, i'll eat that. :P