Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Evolution

Through a miracle chain of events at work, my simple flip company cellphone got upgraded to this sweet iPhone:

Folks, I have evolved. Big time. It was like jumping the evolutionary chain from an amoeba using two tin cans with string to Einstein wearing an "I heart Steve Jobs" t-shirt.

I don't know if it's because I had such a basic phone before, but I find the iPhone technically brilliant. Ironically the thing I enjoy the least on it is talking on it. I love the full QWERTY (albeit touchscreen) keyboard, I love the calendar feature, I love that I can check my e-mail, I love that I can e-mail photos to my blog from it (sometimes it's such a pain to upload pictures from my camera, decrease image size, etc.), I love the apps for it, and I love that I will finally join the cool and the hip and have an official iPod (once I figure out how to load my mp3s on to iTunes). The only downside is that all these activities suck up battery juice fast. Perhaps there are other phones out there that do all this stuff but man, this iPhone is sweet.

I haven't bought any apps yet, but so far my fave free ones are Shazam (figures out songs by holding up the mike to it), Scramble (game that's similar to Boggle), vlingo (uses voice commands for searches and calling contacts), and Polarize (turns pictures in to Polaroid looking photos).

If anyone has any pearls of wisdom for this iPhone newbie, I am all ears because I am all in.

5 comments:

Pound said...

go you for getting an iphone!
all those apps on the commercial look so cool. like that water bubble level one. totally NEED that right?

No Scrolling said...

I haven't tried this, but for $3, you can blog from your iPhone:

http://blogpress.coollittlethings.com/

Anonymous said...

You've come a long way, baby!

Blah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You need to get Doctor Awesome!
I’ll even spring for the 99 cents!!
PB