Wednesday, October 28, 2009

iTunes - can I enter the clubhouse?

Last spring, I lucked out and got an iPhone through work. I have yet to load songs on to it because God help me, iTunes is a b!tch. I'll take the blame and say I must have done something wrong on this uber "user-friendly" application, but right now, I'm pretty sure I want to wipe that smug smile off Justin Long's face on those Mac commercials.

I thought all I had to do was install iTunes and go through their steps to put the music currently on my computer into the iTunes library. For some reason, some of my songs were put on their twice--I'd open an album and each song was literally listed two times. Plus I've got a number of songs with exclamation points saying I've got to point them to the song's location and when I do--it disappears from the album (yet starts playing).

And I still haven't gotten the songs on my iPhone yet--because it says I've got 34 GB of music (when I originally had 18). So now I'm combing through each album and deleting duplicate files from my iTunes library. And by the way--it's listing a lot of single songs as an album, which adds an extra step. Isn't there an option to sort these by album, artist, or song instead of simply just "music"?

Look I am ready to heart Apple (mad love for the other features on my iPhone), but iTunes won't let me. It's like I'm missing some steps or passwords.

I want in! So if anybody has insight on my user errors, I'm all ears.

1 comment:

pat said...

Yes, welcome to the truth behind Apple...but be careful say this to a MAC fan and they'll have you for dinner!!
For the record-I HATE iTunes!