Friday, October 9, 2009

Please support my efforts for CHOC!

Hey all, I have been an organizer of a charity walk/fundraiser every year for my office since 2005, including for the March of Dimes and AIDSWalk. This year we are raising money for the Children's Hospital of Orange County.

I realized the impact of this hospital when I realized the large number of people I personally know that have had to have their children taken in for procedures, from an extensive neonatal stay to toddler and young child surgeries. On a slight but related tangent, I currently have an adult friend in a regular hospital for an extensive stay and it hit me hard that the hospital experience can be quite daunting and overwhelming. To think of a young baby or child in such a situation is a fairly agonizing thought but the folks who experienced it at CHOC only raved about the care there.

I'm embarrassed to confess that I'm a little behind in posting this as our company is fundraising through Wednesday, October 14.

There is a lot going on in my life right now that has me cooking on all burners, but I couldn't face myself if I didn't try to make a difference despite the fact that my reaching out is embarrassingly late. I also realize that these are still tough economic times so I'm certainly not asking for anybody to do anything that puts them in an uncomfortable spot. But please know this: if you can donate even $5 or $10, believe me, these amounts add up and I greatly appreciate any level of support!

Here is my donation page.

Thanks everybody!

No comments: