Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Playing with Photoshop

With a little guidance from my blogging mentor, I was introduced to the world of Actions in Photoshop. I am still a complete novice when it comes to Photoshop but with the help of Actions, I kind of look like I know what I'm doing. Actions are like little programs that goes through a series processes to get a certain look, like this fun vintage look of my friend's two adorable boys:



Here's nice one that turned a color picture of my friend's son into a beautiful black and white:



And here's one of my friend's oldest (I can't believe how fast time is flying!)--this Action is more of antiqued version of black and white:



There are a lot of Actions for sale out there but this awesome set is available for free at The Pioneer Woman's website. Thank you Pioneer Woman--these are totally cool. And of course, thanks to my friend's beautiful boys--they make handsome photo subjects!

2 comments:

pat said...

Gee...I'd love to see these pix with a boy fencing...hint hint!

Pound said...

yay for actions. see you sun for some pho!