Friday, December 12, 2008

This is easy

The Animal Rescue Site is having trouble getting enough people to click on it daily to meet their quota of getting free food donated every day to abused and neglected animals.

Jaded person that I am, I was dubious that anything could be so easy, free, and with no strings attached (e.g. being put on some annoying e-mail blast list), but honestly, it's requires totally minimal effort--you don't have to sign in (or give ANY information, for that matter). You simply go to their site (just hit the link above) and click on the purple box 'fund food for animals' for free. A Thank you screen shows up letting you know how much food you "donated" and shows who the sponsors are. This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate food to abandoned/neglected animals in exchange for advertising. Give it a try--can't hurt, only help.

You know what's not so easy? Trying to "maintain" my weight during the holiday--so far I'm up 2 pounds to 156, despite near-daily visits to the gym. Though it's hard to counter my eating activities, like the 3 Hannah Montana cupcakes I ate at work yesterday.

And on a different note, you know what's maddening? The Sudden Death OT rule in the NFL! Totally screwed my first pick this week. Come on, has a team losing the OT coin toss ever won? Ridiculous. sigh. This just means I'm going to nail the rest of my picks this week.

No comments: