Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Like Memento

It's slowly coming back to me. Was it just last Saturday night that I was in San Diego? Man, I'm too old for this.

I do remember this place, Shout Bar, which had dueling pianists that worked the packed room of folks who were there to party, including those celebrating bachelorette parties and birthdays. They also featured generous libations:


I do remember dancing and jumping around to a DJ and an 80's cover band at Rock Bottom. Thankfully there are no pictures as I cannot tell if it's a compliment when a band member comes up to you shouting "you were killing it on the dance floor!" when he's guilty of wearing a polyester punk wig and a purple leopard tank.

And here's where it started: Happy Hour at Mr. Tiki's Mai Tai Lounge, where I was contemplating whether to try Pepcid AC to prevent Asian Glow.


I ended up taking it realized the "prescription" is to take it before the start of drinking.

Next time, I'll know. Whenever that may be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shout House, not Shout Bar. Are you drunk or something? :) HV

Pound said...

but did you remember it backwards??
and asian glow- HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. i have asian NEON.