Saturday, February 13, 2010

Family photo shoot

So cross one off the resolution list. This beautiful family let me shoot their pictures:

And I gave them a CD of edited pictures like a high-falutin' photographer:


I love these of mom and daughter (aren't they gorgeous):


Especially when the cutie's nose smooshes like this:


I got some nice candids at the playground like this one:


And I loved this one even though I actually got the adult in the background in focus rather than the sweet girl in motion. With the help of PhotoShop I vignetted and blurred the adult to draw attention back to center:


And I tried it in black and white:



I also got to shoot the Mrs. and her sisters and mom. Yeah, I know--good looks seem to run in their family:


I love candids or the "in-between" shots. This is one of my faves:


Thanks to this family! I had a great time taking these pictures and these guys had a lot of patience with me during the shoot. I also got to play with Photoshop more, especially Actions (man, those are awesome).

Obviously I still need to play with my f-stops more and get a better sense of depth of field, and need to fine tune my photoshopping skills (and not go overboard on the vignetting!), but it was a blast working on this shoot for my friend.

Definitely looking forward to another one.

No comments: