Wednesday, February 24, 2010

How a quad amputee kicks my a$$

In a word, copiously.

I mentioned what my friend accomplished 3 weeks after getting two prosthetic legs? She basically said, screw the wheelchair, screw the double-arm walker, and yes, screw you too cane, this broad is walking. And she walked on those two prosthetic legs. In 3 weeks.

Then I said what can I accomplish in 3 weeks? And I said I was going to hit a resolution a week. And I said I was going to finally faithfully stick to the Weight Watchers log, no joke.

Well, it's been seven weeks. And in those seven weeks I only hit two resolutions (a bag to goodwill and one photo shoot). And I've lost one singular pound (no, I wasn't so resolute with my WW log). Pathetic.

What has my friend done in that time? She is cooking again. Cooking and making meals for her family. And driving. Yes, driving. She drove her son to school and picked him up. She drove on the freeway. While I can't even manage to stick to Weight Watchers, a quad amputee is cooking and driving her kid to school. B!tch.

Okay, I'm going to try again. If there is something I'm learning from Linda is the value of not quitting. Especially after getting my a$$ kicked. Here we go--let's see what I do with these 3 weeks.

2 comments:

Blah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pound said...

ya then i fell and can't walk!!!