Wednesday, January 13, 2010

3 weeks

My friend Linda just informed me that yesterday, 3 weeks after getting her TWO prosthetic legs, she WALKED without a walker, cane, zip. The details are obviously her story to tell, but just the simple facts blow my mind. These are BOTH legs, not just one. I think of the pain, the weight, the balance, etc. I have had the opportunity to spend some weekend time with her and witness the evolution to bed to wheelchair to two-arm, wheeled walker. I was looking forward to the cane stage but now this!

Linda, when I try to say this to your face, it comes out like tongue-tied treacled and cliched garbage but believe me when I say that you're ridiculously awesome. I always admired your wit, your fire, your creative mind, your just-do-it attitude, and your generosity sharing your time and gifts before all this. Inside my head and heart I knew you'd do all you're doing but I'm floored you're doing it all so soon. I know we've joked about this, but you really are Cherry Darling--you're kicking our zombie a$$es and nailing us right between the eyes.

So of course, it got me thinking. What have I done in 3 weeks? Or to be more constructive, what can I do in 3 weeks? Well today I start my WW log again, no joke. The Points, the 6 cups of water, blah, blah, blah. I am at 158.5 today (yes, I realize I went in the wrong direction since New Year's Day). I also plan on knocking off 3 of my resolutions in 3 weeks. I look forward to seeing where I am at after 3 weeks, February 3.

Thanks for kicking my a$$ as always, Linda.

1 comment:

Pound said...

aw frances, it makes me so flattered when you compliment me. if i can walk in 3 weeks, you can do ww!