Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Highlights from the Holiday Bowl

As mentioned, I had the great opportunity to go to the Pacific Life Holiday Bowl last week. Here are some cool highlights (besides face painting):

When I saw something ejected from some planes flying over the stadium before the game, my mind thought for some reason they were dropping off promotional t-shirts:



But it turned out those were Navy Seals that jumped out of those planes!



I gotta say, I was pretty impressed they managed to land on the football field:



Another cool highlight is this giant (football field size) flag that unfurls annually at the Holiday Bowl. Sadly, my mind got distracted wondering how they wash such a ginormous flag:



The honorary chairman was "Jack Box". He gave out a coupon for a free sourdough grilled sandwich. Unfortunately, the coupon is only good in San Diego.



And of course, the best highlight--Nebraska wins the first shutout in Holiday Bowl history, beating Arizona 33-0.

No comments: