Thursday, January 21, 2010

My votes

for SAG Awards for theatrical motion pictures:

Male Lead: Jeff Bridges (Crazy Heart)
Female Lead: Carey Mulligan (An Education)
Male Supporting: Christoph Waltz (Inglourious Basterds)
Female Supporting: Mo'Nique (Precious: Based on the Novel "Push" by Sapphire)
Cast: Precious: Based on the Novel "Push" by Sapphire

I was torn between Jeremy Renner and Jeff Bridges for Male Lead, but ultimately my gut sided with Bridges. And good gravy, Carey Mulligan is a refreshing standout--I was just glued to her watching her in "An Education". And yes, I know there is so much buzz about Sandra Bullock in "The Blind Side". I do like her (and frankly, I thought she showed more nuance in "The Proposal" than "The Blind Side") but this would be like a "Color of Money" vote for me and she's too young for it. And as for Meryl Streep--I know, I know, she's amazing in everything and I too lived for the "Julia" scenes, but I'm still going to pull for Mulligan. Christoph Waltz was utterly engaging--though I think he was well-served being in a movie that was so dialogue-heavy. Is anybody else surprised how talky "Inglourious Basterds" is? I actually dozed off a few times and they were still talking in the bar. But when the action came, man, it was extremely and blisteringly violent. And you know my opinion on "Precious" and Mo'Nique.

On the television side, I've got votes in but I'm a little less sure as I didn't see all the shows nominated.

Looking forward to the seeing the final results this weekend--

No comments: