Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Just call me Weena

After a solid week of rain last week, it bloomed into a rewarding sunny weekend. Today there is supposed to be one last downpour and then, frankly, SoCal winter is over in my book. There will be a few months of gorgeous weather which I've become accustomed to and take for granted like dutiful Eloi. That is, until the Morlocks of SoCal weather invades: wildfire season. But that's down the road...

Anyhoo, as I've adapted to this SoCal weather, I've become increasingly sensitive to cooler weather and become a baby in dire need of swaddling when cold rain is added to the mix. During last week's rainy weather, I was shivering in my office, promising myself to bring in a blanket, loss of professional dignity be damned. Only to curse myself when I consistently forgot. Well over the weekend, I happened upon the answer to my prayers: a long sweater in the Clearance section for $10.

Here's the equation:

Long sweater = work-appropriate Snuggie

Clever, right? Perhaps I'm slightly more advanced than Weena after all.

No comments: