Friday, January 1, 2010

Thinking about changes for the new year

As I eat this "Crispy Potato Soft Taco" (delicious) and ponder its nutritional benefits (none), I'm thinking of changes for the new year. Like laying off the crispy potato soft tacos, for one. And I need to declutter and get organized. And I know my family and friends would like me to lighten up on the profanity as well...

I know, I know, I'm a sucker for the opportunity of renewal every New Year and 2010 is no different.

There are the typical things I want to improve--like the previously mentioned eating habits. And of course, its buff sibling--getting back on track with the exercise. My sister asked if I'm trying to reach some arbitrary number. And I can honestly say no, it's about how strong I feel. And I remember feeling pretty strong when I was in the 140-145 range. But right now I'm feeling pretty uncomfortably mushy. Remember the looks of horror in that scene in "The Dark Knight" when the thug realizes the Joker had a cell-phone bomb implanted in his body? That's kind of how I feel. But for me, I'm horrified that someone has surgically implanted a fanny pack of goo below my waistline.

My general goals each year have a similar focus--health, family, friends, and growth. I think this year I'd like to give myself some quantifiable goals that relate to my general goals. Something to ponder for the new year...

1 comment:

Blah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.