Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ready for a Revolution

In the classic delivery of a 10-year-old, my daughter informed me this morning that she needed a revolutionary war costume by tomorrow. I quickly texted a friend who had white baseball pants (as suggested by the costume sheet) and hoped I'd reach her before she left for work. She, being a mom, came through.

I told Velina we'd put together the rest after work. She called me after school and said we should go to Costume Castle. Ugh--had no interest in spending a lot of money on a revolutionary war costume she'd wear once. But as it turned out I had to work a longer day and Costume Castle closed at 5:30, so it wasn't even an option.

I'm proud to say the girl went into solution mode and was down with making her own tricorner hat--including painting some paper black because we didn't have black construction paper. We pulled some of my shirts, cut up one of her dad's shirts for a vest, and lucked out having boots with buckles on hand, and wha-la:


Wouldn't you want this girl on your side of the Revolution?

1 comment:

Pat said...

Amazing!!
Great work!