Monday, March 29, 2010

Sweet Sunday

Today was an awesome Sunday. The weather was perfect. I know that sounds ridiculous given it's Southern California, but it was the perfect balance of sunshine and breeze that I could walk in the rays and not break a sweat (like I usually do). So the girl and I took a stroll to Starbucks and got some tasty beverages and the last chocolate croissant (heated, yum-o!):


Me: Hey Velina, do you know what it looks like you're eating?


Her: Sigh. What, Mom?

Me: A chocolate bar sandwich.


Her: (patient chuckling)

HA! Bet you all and her thought I was going to say "poop sandwich", right? Guess I'm a little more mature than that...

We strolled back sipping our drinks:


where we discussed topics like, where does the excess weight go when we "lose" it? Like after proper dieting and exercise, where do the lost pounds go? We both get that excess fat is "stored energy", so what physically happens to it when we burn it? Are we just expelling it through our various waste egresses?

The other thing on our walk back was teaching her the "Diarrhea Cha-cha-cha" song. I can't believe that hasn't been passed down the generations like "Jingle Bells Batman Smells". Well don't worry, despite a surprisingly reluctant student (I obviously should have taught her this at a younger age), the legacy continues.

The day continued on a positive roll when Michigan State made the Final Four today! Holy cow--do I dare dream they could go on further? Well after another Top Seed (Kentucky) lost this weekend, I say, why not?!

Though I missed watching the game (I did see the highlights), I was lucky to be shooting this angel's baptism:


Does it get any sweeter?

3 comments:

Paul said...

heat!

Heidi said...

Bravo! You caught the awesome smile and dimple on IM just perfect.

Pound said...

i don't know the diarrhea song, will you sing it for me tomorrow?