Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Week 9 - made it to 10 even

When I weighed myself on Friday I was 155.5. That's ten pounds down from my starting point of 165.5 nine weeks ago. Man, these 10 pounds have made a significant difference. Clothes are fitting better, I'm starting to see more of my waist, and the fanny-pack-shaped flesh hanging over my underwear is starting to diminish.

I'm a little nervous about weighing in this week due to a couple of social gatherings this weekend where I overdid it on the cheese, butter, and oreos. Plus there's a pizza party for tonight's last softball game. I'm already about dozen points over my allotted extra 35 points I'm allowed in a week. On the plus side, I've been motivated to keep up with the exercising with the pounds I've lost and the help of some friends who are helping me get to the gym after work. Unfortunately, I'm not sure it's going to save me from the extra consumption this week. Another plus--I learned how to make 2 point cupcakes--cake mix (without pudding in the mix) and a can diet soda (to replace the eggs, oil, water)!

I'm going to try to remain positive of reaching my goal of 140, my weight just a couple of years ago. We'll see how long it takes me...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is dramatic! I hope it is all done healthfully. Black carbonated liquid replacing eggs? Oh yeah, sounds about right. Well you always look gorgeous to me but it must be kind of fun when clothes start fitting better. Way to go! I will have to send you some good running music then. xoxo

Pound said...

congrats on 10 lbs! how do those cupcakes taste??

Anonymous said...

Yay! CONGRATS! I hate to tell you "I told you so" but "I TOLD YOU SO!" (I'm talking about how it takes longer than you think...but it does get there).
Yeah, soda in a cupcake? What does that taste like?
PB