Monday, August 4, 2008

A little 2 point baking

To motivate staying on my Weight Watchers points track, I decided to try my friend's mom's recipe for 2 point cupcakes. I realized after I bought the cake mix that it had pudding in the mix but I decided to just go with it. I don't know if I was supposed to avoid it for the calories or the taste but I guess I would find out. I went with lemon cake mix and a can of diet Squirt:

I mixed the two together with a hand-mixer for 2 minutes. I was able to make 24 cupcakes (which meant they were still 2 point cupcakes) so fortunately, the point information wasn't affected. I baked them for 16 minutes (the box said 17-22 minutes) and it was perfect timing.

They looked good, the texture was a bit lighter, yet also stickier. They were a bit sweeter, but overall, they were as tasty as regular cake mix cupcakes!

Obviously frosting would add a lot of points but Paul suggested adding some lowfat lemon yogurt:

I was dubious at first, but it was delicious! The only trick is that you'd have to eat it soon after you put on the yogurt, otherwise the cupcake would get soggy fast.

I'd say this one is a keeper!

3 comments:

Pound said...

omg! i need to do that. how would you do choc or red velvet? w/ diet coke?? find out for meeeee pleassseee!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure my Mom said "dark soda with dark cake mix" HV

Blah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.