Sunday, September 28, 2008

Back...and sick

It's 2:30am, Sunday morning.

We got back into LAX around 9:30pm, Thursday. After baggage claim, customs, catching the shuttle to Long Term parking, driving down the 405, and a visit to Jack in the Box, we got home around 12:30am.

Unfortunately on our last day in Singapore Thursday morning, I woke up with a sore throat and got increasingly congested since then. Traveling on a packed airplane only made the experience more awesome.

I went to work the next morning, Friday, in hopes of getting my body back on Pacific time, and also to catch up on a slower-paced Friday than try to hit the ground running on a Monday. I was useless. It was like putting a zombie mannequin at my desk. My head felt full of glue from my cold and my eyes wanted to shut for the day around noon.

Oh and I killed about a month of Weight Watchers. I'm back up to 156.

Anyhoo, being sick, I not only am ignoring my WW points, but also I've been passing out at will for the last 36 hours. I'm currently in my waking phase. I've caught up on some Naruto, watched 2 hours of "Ace of Cakes" (thank you, Food Channel), and now watching how the earth was made on the History Channel.

I should be making a list of things to do, among them: laundry (LOTS of it), downloading pictures (hundreds of them), grocery shopping (all of it), and cleaning and organizing, etc.

The problem of course is being sick that my head hurts being upright. It's all I can do to stay conscious through football games as I lay on the couch, shoving handfuls of chocolate chips in my mouth and drinking Diet Coke Plus for sustenance.

Ooooo...I feel a sleeping phase coming on...

No comments: