Thursday, September 18, 2008

Latchkey Kid


After a bit of back and forth, analyzing pros and cons, my girl is going through the familiar rite of passage as a latchkey kid. She's doing it twice a week and so far it's been fine, though she's not as efficient with tasks as she would be if she were supervised. I wouldn't have done it if she showed any sign of being uncomfortable and I was surprised she was actually eager to do it. I got a feeling she's going to be snacking and will want to watch tv while doing homework.

Sigh. Just like her old lady.

But of course, I'm aiming her to be a lot more productive than me. Keeping my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Pound said...

productive? while home alone? bwahahahahahahaha!!!!

i know me and my bro watched like 80 hrs of tv per day when we were latchkey. of course yours won't be like that. no way. :P