Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm crafty and I get around

When my girl started to learn how to bike ride I thought it'd be nice if joined her sometimes. Plus she's also been wanting to ride to the Albertson's and get groceries for me so I kind of have to ride with her to evaluate her skills.

Now I might be dating myself, but when I was a kid, it wasn't a law to wear helmets. In fact, no one wore a helmet. And to be honest, I don't want to wear a helmet. First, vainly speaking, these helmets don't look good on me. A huge sombrero with a divet in the top for a bowl of melted nacho cheese with chips on the rim would be more flattering. Second when the top of my head feels itchy, I can't scratch it because the helmet is in the way. And finally, the chin strap feels like it garroting me when it's snug and chafing me when it's loose.

But I don't need a Gary Busey experience to convince me that helmets are a good idea; especially for children. And of course, how can I expect my daughter to appreciate the safety of bicycle helmets unless I comply as well?

So I decided to get crafty with my helmet with stuff from my stash.

Voila!

No comments: