Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm bringing Dynamite Back

Every once in a while I try to reintroduce a word from the past into current lexicon. Last spring, I tried to bring "foxy" back. Honestly, it wasn't my first attempt. But at my age (over 24) and considering a lot of my conversations are with a 9-year-old, I just don't get that many opportunities to use the word "foxy". And I would feel downright icky applying that word to my girl--hey you look totally foxy in those jeans, sweetie! Ewww, right?

So I've decided I'm bringing "dynamite" back. So handy. That salsa is dynamite! These sneakers are dynamite! That movie is dynamite! You did a dynamite job on the bike, sweetie!

See what I mean? It's a word the whole family can use!

I'm not afraid to go it alone, but it would be really helpful if more folks would start using it. I invite everyone to slip it into their conversation, oh, let's start with once a week for now. It's a great opportunity to bring this awesome word back. Who's with me?

Dynamite.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about DY-NO-MITE! (gosh, I guess this makes me older than you)
I think you are on to something...
pb

x said...

My best friend and I tried bringing "raise the roof" back in college. We even had some other friends holdin' it down in NorCal; we assumed with our dual-region front, we couldn't be stopped.

Do you see anyone raising the roof today?

Good luck.

dad said...

yeah, 90's sayings were the best! See what you can do to bring back:

"Don't go there!"

Pound said...

ok dynamite, or DY-NO-MITE!?? i tried to bring fabulous back a while back, but it didn't take.

Kirsty said...

Dynamite idea there!

Right...I'll give it a go!