Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween recap

I dressed as Amy Winehouse for Halloween and I was psyched I was able to do it low budget. The most money I spent was the $20 on the temporary tattoos I ordered from England that are duplicates of all of her tattoos. Obviously I'm nowhere near "heroin-chic" thin, but I told people, it's like Amy Winehouse gave up crack and got addicted to carbs instead. I didn't get my hands on the black foam to get the major beehive going, unfortunately,--so in some ways, except for the tank top and temp-toos, I kind of looked like I normally do at work in the afternoon:


Trick or Treating was a bit of a let down--a lot of houses were dark. Wha?! Did people have something better to do on a Friday night than to hand out candy? There were a few haunted porches and at one house, a mom came out on the patio shrieking a la the Wicked Witch of the West, hands clawed down, cackling "Be Afraid, Be Afraid!"--dressed as Sarah Palin. Some houses were decorated with lit porches and jack o'lanterns, yet no one came to the door. It was as if some folks got into the Halloween spirit but then left for a better party someplace else. Weird.

So the haul was a bit smaller than usual, but it didn't stop us from eating a ridiculous amount on the couch, post-T'n'T.



We're looking forward to the next Halloween already--

1 comment:

Pound said...

love the costume!!!! i can't believe you ordered tatoos from uk lol.