Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Redeeming this regret

I try not to regret things.

Instead, I try to look at such things as "learning opportunities".

One of the things I pretty much regret, however, was not seing Planet B-Boy in the movie theaters. I should have realized that documentaries have a very short life span in the theaters and this was no exception. Stupid, stupid. To quote Artie Fufkin, Do me a favor. Just kick my a$$, okay? ... Come on. I'm not asking, I'm telling you. Kick my a$$. This was pretty much plaguing me after it left my local theater. I seriously considered driving to San Francisco or Arizona for a screening. Unfortunately, a combination of my job duties and my laziness to drive great distances, failed my endeavor to see Planet B-Boy in theaters.

For those who haven't pieced it together yet, my confession is this: I love watching break dancers and crews. Love it, love it, love it. The expression, the athleticism, the coordination, the choreography, and sometimes, the storytelling are just so amazing to me. I'm not alone here but I do recognize that its following is not as big as say, the Star Trek fan base, but I know it's bigger than say, folks with foot fetishes. Or at I'd like to think so.

Anyhoo, here is my redemption:

No regrets this time around.

Did I learn anything?

Oh yes. This baby is so mine.

2 comments:

Blah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pound said...

i dunno, i hear there are a lot of foot fetishists.