Thursday, January 8, 2009

More Secret Santa memories - Day 1

I know I'm backtracking to the holidays but I wanted to share some more of my Secret Santa adventures. So my Secret recipient was Erika and I gave a subdued gift for her on Day 1, per the previous post linked. But my normal m.o. is a bit more crafty so when a friend said she was in need of ideas, I volunteered my services to trade. So I did Day 1 for her Secret recipient as well and she did Day 2 for both of ours. She did well by Erika on Day 2 and gave her some puzzle books and a very fancy iced Christmas cookie. Here's what I set up for my friend's Secret recipient for her Day 1:


I had originally intended to use a lot of tinsel on the door but I couldn't find any on sale so I went the homemade route and fashioned metallic stars with cardboard, aluminum foil, pipe cleaners, alcohol inks, and glitter glue. Here's a more direct look (the stockings were already on the door):


The sign on the glass window by the door said this:

And my lovely little assistant will demonstrate what it looks like when someone complies with the above request:

And the icing on the cake was a decorated tin:

that had these inside:

The beauty is that this threw Erika off my trail but also made a nice start to the other Secret recipient (well, I think she enjoyed it) and let me get my crafty freak on.

No comments: