Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pix from an awesome weekend

My weekend kicked off with lunch with Linda, who totally surprised me with a gift of a Kindle!


I LOVE it. Of course, I open it and start to pull out the "Getting Started" guide. Linda sighs and starts plugging it in and before I know it I'm registered and cruising books on the internet. I've actually explored the non-book aspects of it (mp3 player, web browser) and am totally a new disciple in the Kindle clan.

Our cute kids had fun with their own technology, DSLites.


A great day was topped with a great night with an awesome birthday party for my friend Karen (in the center), which took place at Maureen's (on the right) house:


Maureen's girl and mine enjoyed the birthday cake:


The next day we spent with Nana and celebrated post-Mother's Day:


With a Princess cake:


Light cake, raspberry filling and marzipan coating--delicious.

Sweet ending to a sweet weekend.

1 comment:

Pound said...

that cake looks fancy!!!
have you read anything yet? watched mad men?