Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hipstamatic

If there one feature I love, love, love about the iPhone, it would be the amazing apps available for it. I have a ton of free ones and they're mostly photography apps with a few games, like Words with Friends, as I mentioned in this post.

But I recently bought my first app: Hipstamatic. It has a collection of lenses, films, and flashes that mimic the titular original toy camera:



The resulting pictures have a retro look with an appealing sloppy randomness of color processing, graininess, and/or lighting, depending on the lens, film, and/or flash combination. Unlike other photographic apps, which applies the look post-process, Hipstamatic only allows the pictures to be produced organically by taking the picture. The major downside is that in mimicking the real-time camera experience, it gets annoying waiting for the "wiping of the lens", the "transistors" to warm up, or the picture "to develop".

But here's a collection of pictures of various combos of lenses and films that the Hipstamatic can take:

Thai Iced Tea with Boba


Linda's Oli

The girl and me

A trip to the KogiBBQ truck

A cat named Oskar


I love Hipstamatic.

3 comments:

Blah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pound said...

i kinda want a real one. but i already have a polaroid. and oli looks so young there! that was like a whole month ago?

Jennifer said...

I saw you won a prize for Linda's fundraiser ... YAY. You rock. :)