Friday, April 23, 2010

I have got to get my mojo

I am seriously lacking focus and mojo right now. My To Do is a soul-crushing monster. Help me, Tom Cruise. Help Me Shiloh.

Yet I managed to find time reading this:


And though I didn't finish the book, I went to see the movie. Holy crap. Apparently the original title of the book in its original Swedish language was "Men Who Hate Women". That title is much more accurate given how much violence was depicted against women in the movie. I can't say, however, that it was a bad movie. I'd like to give a more in-depth review but my reflexive grade is a B.

I also got hooked playing "Words with Friends" on my iPhone regularly. Very regularly. It's like playing Scrabble at your pace--love, love, love it.

The bonus distraction was catching West Side Story on AMC:


Rita Moreno is gorgeous perfection in this. And BTW, she is one of the few people who can claim EGOT honors: she has won the Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony Awards. Love her and pretty much want to be her:


I love the choreography and music. And yes, I cry at the end. And pretty much cry whenever I hear "Somewhere".

Okay the weekend is upon me. Hopefully there are no awesome movies playing on cable. Wish me luck on tackling my monster.

No comments: