Saturday, April 24, 2010

Birthday kick-off

My good friends at work surprised me with a renovated office to kick off my birthday weekend:





I was drinking it all in--which part was my favorite? the blacked out windows with stars? the disco ball? the hanging records? the wall COVERED in awesome 70s albums? Then I saw this note:


And followed instructions:




Yes, I even wore the wig and boots when I went to pick up the company's catered lunch from KogiBBQ. This is me with Big E (he's one of the managers of the KogiBBQ trucks) with the Naranja truck:


And for the rest of the day, rickets be darned, I worked by the soft glow of my disco ball (which by the way, is also a pinata which I will break on my next sweets emergency--my friends thought of EVERYTHING!):


After work, Nana and I had the pleasure of watching the girl pass her TKD test, including this board break:


The evening was capped off with karaoke (sorry didn't nab any pictures...yet) and my new fave--StickiPicki!


Since I didn't get any one's permission at the time of writing this post, identities have been blocked to protect the innocent!
Pretty awesome way to kick off the weekend, right? I'm grateful to everyone for their gifts (of time, talent, spirit, and generosity)--they made this one of the most special and memorable birthdays!

2 comments:

Pound said...

you look good in a white fro! happy late bday!!!

Anonymous said...

So happy you loved your office!!