Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I can't believe it's been so long

since I blogged.  I have to confess that my mom's passing threw in a funk.  It's been a rough year, among many, and even though my mom's death was expected, it still threw me for a loop.  A friend said that whether a death is expected of not, it's still going to land hard.  I heard about the various phases of bereavement (isolation and denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance) and it seems that they hold some fundamental truths.  I still wrestle with a lot of guilt, regret, and sadness, but I think I'm making my way.  Some days I still lose track of time and think I'm replying to an email from yesterday that turned out to be from last week.  I thought I was behind on this blog a few weeks, but I'm closer to a couple of months.

Anyhoo, I managed to get some things done and I've got some catch up posts but I'm looking forward to getting back into some of my old routine again.

Wish me luck!

No comments: