Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Shouldn't I be high?

Wow.

But true. This was for filling up my Honda Accord. Not a truck or an SUV or even a cool minivan. A Honda Accord.

For this kind of one-shot outlay of $50, shouldn't I be naked receiving some oily massage? Shouldn't I be laughing in some restaurant where I'm wearing makeup and heels and drinking from a bottle that doesn't have a pirate or a train on the label? Shouldn't I be in some chic Euro club snorting something while Paris Hilton is holding my hair back?

Reality is, the only white lines I'm doing are the ones one my Honda Accord slowly cruises over at approximately 20 cents a mile. Holy crud. $50. I used to fill this tank for less than $30. See now, that's reasonable. Sheesh. Now I really want a hybrid.

Anybody got a hybrid and saving muchos dolares and going to the spa with all that extra dough-re-mi?

1 comment:

Pound said...

i'm gonna be a cranky old lady and reminisce about how my very first car was a honda civic in hs, and i filled it up for... $12. i clearly remember gas being about .99/gal.

and yest i filled up. it was also almost exactly $50 too. booo. and that was at costco! but meh, even costco gas was $3.83.