Friday, February 27, 2009

I'm the dandy highway man

who you're too scared to mention.

This song brings me BACK.



It's so awesomely 80s with it's cheap art design, signature hair & makeup, low-budge effects, bare thread of a storyline, vague choreography, and some of the worst lip-synching I've ever seen. And that includes my own bathroom mirror. It even features a young Amanda Donohoe as the lady in the carriage! And this song is so dang catchy!

I totally remember watching this as a kid and thinking how absolutely foxy Adam Ant was. Seriously, I wish I could look as pretty as he does in makeup. If I were to watch this video half-asleep I would swear it's Megan Fox's head on top of Prince's body, wearing a pirate costume stolen from a local high school. And the best part? Adam Ant totally knows it--like when he's looking at himself in the mirror at the end of the video, you know his inner monologue is just muttering, I am so damn good-looking.

If we could all be Adam Ant for just one day.

No comments: