Monday, February 9, 2009

Stilling bugging me

It's been nearly a week and my neck is still bugging me. It varies day to day but yesterday was painful to go from sitting to standing as well as turning to my left. I tried Aleve and it had no effect. Skipping exercise to stuff my face full of popcorn and pizza on the couch is losing its healing powers. Perhaps it's time to see a medical professional but I'm reluctant to go. What could they possibly do that will actually heal my neck besides giving me stronger meds to deal with the pain? Yeesh, I guess I have to go and find out.

You know what else is really bugging me? Those stupid Mercury car insurance ads about getting it "both ways" (I can't even remember the both ways they're actually pitching)--it usually features a hidden camera with some idiot asking for a bagel "both toasted and untoasted", or a shirt "both starched and unstarched", or a cab ride that goes "both downtown and the airport". I was plagued with these commercials this weekend. It was my weekend Sophie's Choice--the maddening annoyance of watching those commercials or the literal pain of turning away.

I know. It's a sign to go to the doctor finally.

2 comments:

Pound said...

ya i'm thinking dr is a good bet. hope you get it fixed up good.

i hate those mercury commercials. they used to be funny, but now they're annoying. the dry cleaner lady is seriously pissed. :D

Anonymous said...

I think TIME is the only thing for the neck...you could stretch each day (but I'm assuming you're doing that)....
-PB