Wednesday, June 29, 2011

SoCal Recap: Little Tokyo - Wasakaya

Since the MOCA Geffen branch is in Little Tokyo, I went to the mall across the street for lunch.  I decided on Wakasaya, a donburi (rice bowl) place:


They apparently feature this monster bowl. If you finish it and the accompanying pint of soup within 15 minutes, it's free. Otherwise, get ready to pay out the $49.


Sure there was a part of me that was tempted, but I really didn't feel like rushing to finish my food.  I settled on a regular bowl with sea urchin, eel, salmon, and yellowtail.  I don't know if it's because it was a Sunday, but I think I'll skip the sea urchin next time.  Otherwise, I enjoyed it:


And outside there was this one man band who apparently was featured on Jimmy Kimmel and America's Got Talent.


Entertaining afternoon in Little Tokyo.

No comments: