Monday, March 16, 2009

Toasted Buns

We have two cars. One is a '98 Honda and the other is a '92 Honda. Every once a while I have an opportunity to drive a car made in this century by driving a rental car. And I have to confess, I get a little taste of heaven from the luxuries of the 21st century.

Last week I got to drive a Buick Lucerne on a trip for work. Sure there were the expected niceties like windows that roll up all the way, drink cup holders for people in the backseat, a windshield without cracks, and seats without crayons melted on them. But there was also an info button that advised the title and artist of songs playing on the radio, climate control by temperature, and the top bonus: seat warmers.

I chose bottom and back cushions to be heated and I was cradled in a soft leather nest of warmth. I can't express how nice it was to have my rear end so toasty, and I think it eased some of the tension in my back and neck. Now that's luxury. I would drive all night if I could drive in a car like that. Is that job anywhere?


3 comments:

No Scrolling said...

I love seat warmers. I would never have gotten that option on my car, except that there were only a few option packages, and some of the ones I wanted only came in a package that included seat warmers.

But they really are fantastic, aren't they? I have a friend who doesn't like them, though. They make the seat feel "used" to him -- like he's soaking up someone else's body heat, which feels unsanitary to him.

Anonymous said...

Janet hates seat warmers. I often put them on to see how long it will take her to notice.
"My seat is on!" she yells as if something was wrong. Very funny.
-PB

Pound said...

i know what you mean. we haven't owned a car newer than 1995 until i got my rav 4... and it's like i drive a freaking maserati now. :D