Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The advantages of technology

When I was in college, there was a guy in my statistics class who sat in the front row and had a laptop. Since I was in college 20 years ago, having a laptop wasn't common at all. I remember one of my college send-off gifts was an electric typewriter (I typed on a manual typewriter through high school) and my dorm featured a typing room. Anyhoo, this guy could be heard typing away as the rest of low tech losers scribbled notes in our notebooks. One day, this guy sat in front of me and I discovered what he was truly furiously typing away at: Tetris.

I wonder if he's in the Connecticut state congress now:

(House Minority Leader Lawrence F. Cafero Jr., R-Norwalk, far right, speaks while colleagues play solitaire on their computers as the House convenes to vote on a new budget for the fiscal year in the Capitol, in Hartford, Conn., Monday, Aug., 31, 2009.)

***If you can't see the picture, see it here.

Failblog.org is one of my favorite humor sites. Besides some great pictures and vids from around the world, it has further discouraged my desire to join FaceBook.

1 comment:

Blah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.