Monday, September 7, 2009

Lloyd "I love you"

What, what is that you're doing with your hands?

Just happened upon Say Anything on cable recently. I found this short homemade trailer on youtube with some other fave lines:



Boy, that movie brings back a LOT of memories. Has it really been 20 years?! Loved, loved that movie. I remember one of my roommates back in the day would play that movie to go to sleep by. I remember Lili Taylor's memorably stealing the scene with her song, "Joe Lies". I remember thinking, how could you not fall in love with Lloyd Dobler? Will I get a Lloyd Dobler? I remember that Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes" is forever tied to this movie.

Funny yet kinda of sad though, now watching it as a parent, I'm sympathizing more with Diane's dad's point of view (minus the felonious stealing). Do I want my daughter flying off with a guy who, when asked about his future plans, responds: "What I really want to do with my life - what I want to do for a living - is I want to be with your daughter. I'm good at it"?

Man, I'm feeling a little old now.

No comments: