Thursday, September 10, 2009

Good & Fiery

One of my fave, fave candies is Good & Plenty. So I was game when Paul found a new addition to the family, Good & Fiery:

Now he's more of a Hot Tamale fan than me, but I thought the makers of Good & Plenty couldn't go wrong.

Ech, I was wrong. I'm apparently not the niche target they were planning on marketing this to. The combo of the artificial fruit flavors with spicy fire felt like a mistake. Like accidentally ingesting Lemon Pledge while eating a stale cinnamon tic tac. And it wasn't just me. I brought the rest of the box to work and I saw a number of folks try them, only to see their faces scrunch up while they pawed their mouths, like dogs do when they're forced to wear silly hats by their owners.

So unfortunately, despite a promising idea, I have to give Good & Fiery a C-.

2 comments:

david p said...

Love the Good and Plenty! Can't stand Good and Fruity!

Lisa Martin said...

I love Mike & Ikes myself.
Don't forget you get to pick out some goodies from my Mary Kay website. $20! www.marykay.com/weRallbeautiful