Saturday, September 5, 2009

There go Saturdays

Yeesh, college football season snuck up on me fast. I can't believe it's here already. It's still like, 90 degrees here. I've really grown to look forward to this season every year.

Raised by parents who didn't follow sports, I wouldn't have predicted how much I look forward to this season every year. In fact, sometimes I marvel how much I absorbed in the last 15 years with my Husker husband. But don't mistake me for one of those fanatics that rattle off stats. I will confess my recall about, say, Matt Ryan, in Boston College's amazing 2007 win over Virgina Tech, is first, that cameras were rolling as he was pacing the sidelines when he suddenly lurched over and vomited, then second, his killer 2 touchdown passes in the last 2 minutes of the game to win the game 14-10. So yeah...stats don't stick out in my head. Though I'm starting to absorb some of that without realizing it, thanks to waking up to College GameDay on Saturday mornings. I love starting off my Saturday mornings with Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit, Lee Corso, and, now, Desmond Howard. I can't wait till the weather gets a little cooler and enjoy my tea and breakfast with them. Anyone want to join me?

No comments: