Saturday, November 7, 2009

Did it get loud?

Or did I get old? I went out to celebrate a good friend's birthday last night. Needless to say, I can't even remember the last time I went out for Happy Hour and had even anticipated going to a movie afterward with a friend. I took a Pepcid AC to prevent Asian Glow (people told me it worked, I hope they weren't lying to my big red face) as well as a Five Hour Energy Drink. Yes I realize that it's highly embarrassing to admit that I had an energy drink, not to work out or have a killer work day after an all-nighter of partying, but to stay awake through Happy Hour.

Anyhoo, the night was somewhat a blur as I consumed more Jack&Cokes and Rum&Cokes than I anticipated. I do remember it was a good time with my friends from work: laughing, joking, and even dancing at the club across the parking lot. I will confess that my dancing style has evolved somewhat clearly from my days as a single girl shaking her much-more-lithe-booty on the dance floor to a working mom that clearly does not get out much. But at least I can tell you that I still put 100% out on the dance floor and I am having a blast, my friend, and you are welcome to join in the fun.

The only downside is that all those mixed drinks and bringing it on the dance floor made for a nauseating combination and the music suddenly felt super loud in my brain. I left shortly afterward and took some downtime in my car only to have a security guard wave a flashlight at me, ten minutes later. When I popped my head out, he recognized me from the first bar and seemed apologetic that I was by myself (apparently there are some territorial issues regarding parking among the venues there).

I got home around midnight and unfortunately, the nausea had not abated. I ended up falling asleep sitting upright on the couch and woke up around 5am. I ate some ramen and fell back asleep horizontally. When I woke up, I managed to get to the gym and run a couple of miles. The toxins just poured out of me--sweet, sweaty relief.

All in all, a good night with not too painful repercussions. Perhaps I should get out more?

1 comment:

Paula W said...

Been there, right with you! LOL!