Friday, November 20, 2009

Do I believe?

Besides the general football pool where we bet against a point spread, we have a Survivor pool where we all bet on who is going to plain win that week. If your team wins, you're remain in the pool, if your team loses, you're out. Whoever remains at the end of the season wins the Survivor pool. Out of 19, there are 8 of us left. The challenge is you can only use each team once. I've already used a lot of the big teams like New Orleans and Minnesota, but for some reason, I've been feeling the call to put down the Detroit Lions for this week. Yes the Lions: the first team, last year, to have a winless season in decades and have only won one game so far this season. Besides that, the team they're playing (the Browns) are also 1-8. So to a degree, it's an even matchup and can go either way, though the point spread is currently favoring the Lions by 2.5.

Now those who know me, know I tend to root for the underdog, and every week I've been saying "I really think the (insert "Lions" or "Chiefs", etc.) can pull it out this weekend". And those who know me and are in the football pool with me also know that this faith in the underdog, more often than not, does not pan out. Yet for some reason, I'm feeling the call to put down the Lions this week. Anybody else hearing this?

2 comments:

Blah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.