Friday, November 13, 2009

Lost and Found

Apparently, a consequence of killing a dance floor like crazed fans at a Bon Jovi concert was losing my license in the kerfuffle. Unfortunately, I didn't realize this until I tried to pay for something at South Coast for work. They asked for photo ID with my credit card and I couldn't find it.

Worst. So mortifying. Am I the only one who feels like the sales clerk thinks I'm trying to scam a purchase with a fake or stolen credit card when this happens? I offered all my other cards (credit, insurance, etc.) to prove this was my card, but only proved further embarrassment. The clerk sniffed dismissively, no, no, I'm required to see photo ID, as if to say, yeah lady, I've seen this part of the scam too, as he busied himself with reversing the sale so he could ignore me. I walked away totally embarrassed but grateful there wasn't someone behind me to witness it.

I called the lounge where I lost my card (which happens to serve lunch during the day--who knew?) and they had it. When I went to pick it up, the hostess ironically asked for other identification. The smart aleck in me wanted to point out she could verify by the photo, but she, unlike South Coast, accepted my other credit cards as proof so I happily didn't bother.

The best part of all this? The big relief that I don't have to go to the DMV for a replacement. Now that's the way to start a weekend.

No comments: