Wednesday, August 18, 2010

2nd day

The second day fared slightly better. I think.

Yeah, okay. She still didn't want to be seen with her mom.

I don't know if it's all the driving, but I'm still exhausted. And I haven't adjusted to Eastern Standard Time. It's like my brain doesn't start functioning till about 11am here (8am Pacific). And part of it is missing my friends in California, which often included coffee break walks and chats to Starbucks. So I got another iced latte. But it's not the same going by yourself, sitting in a steamy car, seeing other folks chatting it up with their friends.


With only the sweet memories of Cali Starbucks with my friends to put a smile on my face.


I hope this free song is an encouraging message:


Hopefully Eddie Vedder is telling me that Better Days are ahead.

1 comment:

Pound said...

i miss you too, and now i still have all this sb card credit and no one to go with. evan doesn't count.