Saturday, August 21, 2010

End of the first week

By the end of this first week here in Columbia, we enjoyed the Hunter-Gatherer twice. It features house brews such as this wheat beer:


As well as some pretty delicious food like this North Carolina mountain trout with grits and greens:


And for dessert, we went to FruitiCup:


They have a lovely plain tart but I wish they had more tart flavors. Sweet seems exacerbated by the heat and I can only tolerate so much before I start to feel diabetes inching in. But I was pleased FruitiCup had mochi balls (though they were in the fridge--you have to ask for them).

Then my sister had to fly back to New York. She was such a rock for me during this first week here. She also helped me get a washer and dryer, which made me pretty happy to get at least one thing checked off the big to-do list.


I miss her so much already.

1 comment:

Pound said...

blah. i miss you.