Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sweet Friday

Yesterday I got a call from the driver of the moving truck telling me that he had to pick up a job in Georgia and that he wasn't going to make it until Saturday morning. Being furniture-less I had put off logging in to work until I at least had a table and ideally my printer but at this point I was fearing that I was on the verge of losing my work skills. (Side note: I'm working remotely part-time.) So I logged in and re-familiarized myself for a number of hours. A sweet break came via the postman. Or more specifically a good friend, playing fairy godfriend:


I ate half that can of Almond Roca immediately. (Side note: I have got to join a gym. And exercise.) And totally excited to use that Cracker Barrel map.

After working on a laptop table-less for hours, I thought I could use some limbering and decided to pick up the girl from school by walking there. I started sweating immediately. And when I showed up at the school and told the girl I walked, she shrieked, you walked?! as she realized she was walking home. Her expression sank. Or maybe her face was melting.

To mitigate throwing this on her without warning, I offered to carry her backpack the last half of the walk and we stopped for a Drumstick at the Rite Aid:


(Side note: girl still not thrilled despite sweet treat)


To take a slight break from the heat, we stopped in the Gamecock Station, checking out shirts for GameDay this Thursday night on ESPN when the USC Gamecocks host Southern Mississippi. Did I mention how close we are to the stadium? We can see the nosebleed seats from our garage. The girl thought this shirt was funny (for out-of-staters/non-college fb fans, USC and Clemson (the "ugly") are instate SoCar rivals. Side note: ironically current USC coach Steve Spurrier was a Heisman winning player and national champion winning coach of the Florida Gators (the "bad".):


We were going to go to see Scott Pilgrim but the girl kindly postponed so we could all get caught up on the entire series of the graphic novels. But we did go out to dinner at Camon:


And on our way to dessert, the girl wanted me to take a picture of this horse and carriage ride:


And finally dessert at Cupcake:


Sweet ending to a sweet day.

2 comments:

Annabelle said...

Oh.... dang. Should have taken her advice to stop at the cupcake place while I was in town!

Pound said...

how dare you make her walk? so hot!!