Tuesday, August 17, 2010

First day of school

My God, I've landed on the Sun. The humidity and heat here are practically immobilizing. But, despite getting in late the night before, we managed to get the girl off to her first day of school in SoCar yesterday. Gotta love the matching father/daughter shirts!


If there was audio to this picture, you'd be hearing her tell me to just go, Mom. I'd like to think she just wanted to go into her first day at her new school as an independent young lady. Rather than she's embarrassed to be seen with her mom:


We tried out a local Thai/Chinese restaurant, Bangkok, where the portions are pretty generous:


I also checked out the local Goodwill--so fascinated by this skirt (but didn't buy it):


After school, we got some ICEEs at the Target to cool off with:


Then I'm pretty sure I passed out last night while the girl watched some DVR'd episodes of iCarly.

1 comment:

Pound said...

she looks thrilled to be posing for pics w/ her parents in front of school. and what? there are thai people in sc???